Sales Support and Admin
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Field Force Capability Hub is the catalyst for empowering the field force to drive transformative customer experiences that give patients hope. The Worldwide Training Design & Development Team is part of the Field Force Learning & Development (FFL&D) team, a dynamic training organization that is executing on excellence in building expertise and knowledge for our field force. As a Manager on the Worldwide Training team, you will be working amongst the best in your profession and have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people.
What we are looking for:
Worldwide Training Design and & Development team is currently looking for a talented individual who possesses the skills needed to ensure both immediate and long-term success of the Field Force Learning & Development team. The selected candidate will work with Worldwide and US Immunology Marketing, and various matrix teams to design and develop immunology product and disease learning solutions that build core and consistent skills across the US and Worldwide Immunology commercial sales organization. This Manager will be responsible for designing, developing, reviewing, and revising training content and performance metrics. This position will require application of instructional design theory and process to create a variety of learning solutions that improve business results.
Who do you work with:
This Manager position reports to the Worldwide Training Associate Director who reports to the Head of Field Force Learning & Development. In this role, the Manager will work collaboratively across a fast paced and complex matrix organization, which includes the Immunology Business Unit, Technology Training Solutions and the US Immunology Training teams. Specifically, the Manager will work in partnership with colleagues from the following organizations to appropriately address business needs and ensure that we deliver on our objective of demonstrating value to our customers: Sales, Marketing (US and Worldwide), US Training, Medical, Legal and Compliance.
What are the primary responsibilities:
- Lead the design and development of Immunology product and therapeutic training initiatives using instructional design principles, including launch readiness training programs, training on competitive products and marketplace, and new indication training, ensuring an integrated approach with the selling skills curriculum and the sales management development program
- Effectively establish and sustain relationships with subject matter experts to solicit content
- Coordination across the Immunology matrix and cross-functionally ensuring all training materials meet the goals and objectives of the Sales and Marketing teams
- Ensure training resources meet all regulatory, legal and compliance requirements for assigned individual projects and initiatives
- Ensure training processes and tracking systems are performed consistently according to applicable regulations.
- Ensure ongoing analysis of basic and advanced training needs based on current and future requirements of the business, local markets, and the changing internal/external environment.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new instructional technologies, innovative instructional practices, and new course delivery methods
- Create design documents that specify learning objectives, learning strategies, learning materials design specifications, measures of student learning, skill application and learning impact (e.g., business results).
- Deployment and delivery of the tumor specific eLearning curriculum to the Immunology Sales Force inclusive of clinical disease state knowledge, competitor and market landscapes, and clinical data.
- Partner with Immunology Sales Learning colleagues, Sales management, and Marketing management to consistently implement results-focused, performance-based, standardized training and development processes.
- Assess and analyze the effectiveness of product and disease learning solutions
- Act as a liaison between external vendors (i.e., training content developers) and internal personnel to ensure the successful design and roll-out of assigned training programs and projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s or Doctorate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Pharmaceutical customer facing experience required
- Minimum of 2 years Immunology Training or Product Management experience required; Instructional Design experience preferred with a focus on adult learning principles
- Demonstrated strong product & disease state knowledge; Immunology experience strongly preferred
- Experience in Medical writing and developing training content for global deployment
- Proven performance with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Problem solving and solutions oriented team player
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with business leaders, learning consultants, and facilitators to translate business objectives into effective learning solutions
- Knowledge and experience in developing and delivering innovative training solutions using the latest technologies (eLearning, mobile learning, virtual instructor led learning)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience operating within a highly complex cross-matrix environment; ability to connect and collaborate with key matrix team members including Marketing (US and Worldwide), Sales Operations, Commercial Sales, Medical, Legal, and Compliance
- Impact driven with high learning agility and keen ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Power Point, Excel and Word and other applications
- Ability to prioritize business needs and make timely decisions based on available data
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time
- This position will be based in Lawrence Township, NJ
- Valid passport required.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.