Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has built a new state-of-the-art Multi-Product Cell Culture (MPCC) biologics manufacturing facility in Ireland, Cruiserath, Dublin 15 - a $1 billion investment. This new facility will significantly increase Bristol-Myers Squibb’s biologics manufacturing capacity and play a central role in its global manufacturing network.
BMS Cruiserath Biologics is seeking to recruit a permanent A&IT Automation Systems Lead. Reporting to the IT Applications Manager/Digital Capability Management, the A&IT Automation Systems Lead is required to manage, maintenance and configuration IT Infrastructure associated with Process Automation, OEM and MES Systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of IT and system engineers
- System Administration of all IT Automation systems including DeltaV and OEM control systems, Syncade MES, OSI-PI Data Historian, and Thin Client Manager
- Regularly communicating and collaborating with multi-functional team stakeholders including system vendors
- Participating in the development and implementation of the site Automation strategy and the lifecycle support
- Developing the IT Automation administration team
- Optimisation of the IT Automation systems on site
- Support the development of site procedures for the administration and maintenance of all systems
- Ensure all design & project work is completed in compliance with all regulatory requirements cGMP regulations and the practical application of those regulations to IT Automation Systems
- Daily operations and sustaining support
- Coaching and mentoring
- Making improvements to, and offering advice about, installation, configuration and governing procedures.
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Ensuring that Automation Infrastructure works to specification
- Ensure necessary SLA’s and support contracts are in place
- Writing reports and documentation
- Ability to anticipate, evaluate and resolve multiple, simultaneous project issues, delays and problems by utilising technical, project management, and business expertise
- Ensuring safe working conditions
- Contributes to a high performance culture by recognising and resolving issues as they arise
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines, good organising and planning skills
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- At least 7 years’ experience with installation, administration and configuration of Server / Network infrastructure for Virtualised solutions in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical similar regulated industry.
- 5 years lead experience in a similar organisation
- Experience administering and maintaining DeltaV Systems and DeltaV Infrastructure is desirable
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS and experience administering, managing cisco manufacturing networks and understanding of key LAN principles
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V Manager, Failover clusters and Microsoft Hyper-V host and management servers
- Experience with Active Directory Domain Services infrastructure and administration
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Sever versions 2008, 2012 and 2016 and Microsoft Licensing
- Experience with Thin Client Software solutions
- SQL Server administration experience is desirable
- Experience with Backup and Recovery solutions for large virtualised server infrastructure.
- Experience with VMWare vCenter version 5.5 and above.
- Knowledge of cGMP particularly as it applies to biologics manufacturing and automated systems.
- Strong communication skills. Problem solver with a focus on achievement of overall goals.
- Proven success working well in a team environment with flexibility to react to changing business needs
- Ability to anticipate, evaluate and resolve multiple, simultaneous issues, delays and problems by utilising technical, project management, and business expertise.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimum direct supervision
- Ensuring compliance with practices, policies, procedures, legal requirements and goals of project sponsors and approved methodologies, develop supporting documentation and monitor budget tracking/ timeliness/ scheduled resources
- Work with all departments and with all levels of the organisation, and vendors.
- Work closely with other AIT team resources including MES, Data Analytics, Process, Automation, and Site IT Infrastructure.
- Maintaining Process Automation Server and Network Infrastructure based in Ireland.
- Willing to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays as required
- Working on a large scale manufacturing facility indoors and outside, working safely, ensuring others work safely, and properly using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Makes technical decisions within agreed limits ensuring relevant decision makers are involved in the decision processes.
- Identifies and reports any project challenges or discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to project management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Limited supervision - Receives assignments in the form of general objectives and establishes goals and plans to meet objectives.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules.
- Some indirect supervision of relevant teams to assure desired outcomes are achieved.
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level:
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family medical allowance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, life assurance, on-site gym and gain-sharing bonus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.