Supply Chain and Logistics
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol-Myers Squibb External Manufacturing is looking to recruit a permanent Supply Chain Operations Team Lead. Reporting to the Customer Service and Inventory Manager External Manufacturing, the Supply Chain Operations Team Lead will lead a Supply Chain Operations team to manage all Supply Chain Operations activities and ensure all department objectives are met, including but not limited to team career development, department continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
They will also provide a key link in Supply Chain between intercompany and third party supply sites and markets as well as provide comprehensive overviews across ExM Supply Chain Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a Supply Chain Operations team and oversight on all Supply Chain Operations team activities and follow up and expedite for prompt resolution, including but not limited to:
- Receipt and process supplier invoices and follow up on price discrepancies
- Accurate receipt and process Tolling Fee invoices
- Issue invoices to markets in a timely manner
- Issue required shipping documents, certify with local Chamber of Commerce and legalise with relevant Embassies as required
- Co-ordinate Redeployments/Reworks and ensure that the costs are back-charged to the appropriate party
- Review and approve SLAs in a timely manner
- Approval or sign off of Redeployment/ Rework on behalf of Principal
- Provide a key link in Supply Chain between intercompany and third party supply sites and markets to ensure smooth Supply Chain operations, including but not limited to:
- Liaise with Principal’s Purchasing, Finance Departments and Fiscal Reps to perform certain Supply Chain Operations activities on their behalf
- Liaise with Freight Forwarder/Logistics for outbound shipments and update Freight Tracker/ Register if applicable
- Liaise with Global/Regional Supply Chain & Quality redeployments, allocations, product launches, return and rework of product and product transfers
- Ensure that customer and supply sites comply with Business and Tolling Rules
- Direct Supply Chain Operations activities to meet Global/Regional Supply Chain project requirements regarding redeployments, allocations, product launches, and product transfers, etc
- Initiate change control as per RACI, set up master data for Third Party Customers, once appropriate approvals have been obtained
- Co-ordinate month-end activities with Supply Chain Operations Team, BMS and Contract Manufacture supply sites
- Manage and accountable for all activities in accordance to Good Distribution Procedure (GDP) and support GDP activities if applicable and necessary
- Complete actions arising from Materials Review Board to minimise inventory obsolescence exposure
- Key interface and ownership of supply chain activities with customer that is managed outside the scope of MSP (Market Supply Planning) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM); the activities include but not limited to availability of supply, inventory reconciliation, process compliance per BMS controls, attend and/or lead monthly tele-con with customer and/or Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- Run and analyse reports to monitor, measures, evaluate and report team metrics; ensure data integrity if applicable
- Assist, maintain and support Master Data related to customers, contracts and BOMs
- Receive and forward Customer Complaints as per established procedures; follow up and expedite for prompt resolution(s)
- Perform user acceptance testing to support SAP implementations and/or upgrades
Manage finance/compile financial reports
- Perform all SAP transactions in compliant manner
- Meet Finance deadline for month-end and year-end sales reporting
- Provide supporting documentation for Financial Audits and SOX testing as requested
- Regularly review team workload to ensure optimum distribution of activities across team members
- Identify efficiencies and process improvements and support their execution and emphasize it is across the broader team
- Work with External Manufacturing organisation on the implementation of new supply models
- Demonstrates that Supply Chain Operations are managed in the most efficient and productive manner by troubleshooting and root causing past issues and continuous process improvement
- Identify and implement strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the day-to-day activities
- Develop and/or make revisions to training materials and work instructions
- Identify and/or assess training requirements and ensure that training plans for Supply Chain Operations Associates are implemented, including new personnel
- Perform set demanding goals for themselves while maintaining accuracy and a high level of productivity
- Provide supports, training and coaching to other Supply Chain Operations Associates
- Support and/or lead monthly team meeting and Supply Chain Vision Board when necessary
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on customer service processes and relevant SAP transactions
- Schedule weekly meetings with team to review and report on operational performance and supply issues
- Schedule monthly 1:1’s with team members to review and report on individual performance and progress
- Lead Performance Connections process with direct reports, including on-going performance feedback, career development, and identify Team Lead successor
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5 years’ experience in Multinational Supply Chain Environment, warehouse transactional or any other related experience, preferably working in an Export department
- Proven track record in managing team successfully
- Leading team to deliver results on time in a pressure environment
- Deliver results on time in a pressurized environment
- Ability to work independently and within team matrix environment
- Must be flexible and be able to deal with changing priorities
- Demonstrate efficiency in Supply Chain administration, accuracy and timeliness of Supply Chain Operations activities
- Set demanding goals for themselves while maintaining accuracy and a high level of productivity
- Self-driven with a strong customer focus and possess skillset to work on own initiative within a team environment to drive issues to resolution
- Follow through commitments to Customers without detriment to the team or company
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with colleagues and external customers
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Ability to translate technical issues into business impact and relevant solutions
- Exhibit a strong ability to use computer systems efficiently, workable knowledge of ERP system, ideally SAP
- Create and maintain strong working relationships within the BMS organisation and externally with trade customers and suppliers
- Appreciation of performance metrics and their value in influencing Supply Chain results
- Understand BMS Supply Chain, products and markets customers and suppliers
- Adapt quickly to the demands of the job and show the ability to learn quickly
- Good understanding of business specific organizations and functions (Quality, Finance, SRM, Global Procurement, EHS, etc)
- Adhere with all Regulatory/ Finance/ EHS/ Security compliance procedure
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations standards
- Knowledge of order processing and invoicing activities
- Knowledge of Supply Chain distribution
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Ability to foster motivation within the team to meet tight deadlines
- Supply Chain or Business qualification – Diploma or Degree standard
Employees are expected to display the BMS Biopharma Behaviours, which enable them to be successful and perform at their highest level:
Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas.
Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others.
Speed: We act with urgency and agility.
Why should you apply
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
- You will be part of a company that encourages excellence and innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its employees.
- You’ll get a competitive salary and a great benefits package including an annual bonus, pension contribution, family health insurance, 23.5 days annual leave plus 3 Company days, access to Cruiserath on-site gym, life assurance and gain-sharing bonus.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.