Medical and Regulatory Affairs
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Position Requirements & Description:
The focus of the WWHEOR Markets ROW team is to work closely with key markets to deliver reimbursement/ access and value demonstration. The team is responsible for supporting all markets ex US ie Major Markets (including EU Cluster) and Intercontinental (including China). It is therefore essential that the successful candidate has significant HTA experience, in-depth knowledge of healthcare systems across multiple countries within the geographic remit, and understanding of how HEOR evidence can support access decisions. The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate people leadership, a history of business acumen, as shown by successful past experience collaborating with clinical, medical, and commercial stakeholders in a matrix organization.
In particular, the Group Director will:
- Lead a HEOR team (x3 direct reports) in support of Heme/CAR-T assets.
- Lead the development of asset HEOR strategy/plans from a market perspective and provide above market asset insight into Worldwide Access Strategies.
- Develop and execute innovative HEOR plans in support of BMS Heme/CAR-T assets.
- Directing and leveraging RWE in support of value.
- Identify opportunities and lead studies to differentiate and enhance value propositions for Heme/CAR-T assets.
- Direct efforts to build dossiers for submission to HTA authorities to support market access activities.
- Build relationships with key BMS matrix teams to maximize opportunities for the Heme/CAR-T portfolio.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships and visibility with external key opinion leaders in medicine, health economics, and outcomes research.
- Take responsibility for matrix and line management of multiple junior staff within the WWHEOR team.
- Work effectively with the WW matrix ie Medical, Commercial, Policy and Regulatory.
- Act as an advocate for health economics and outcomes research within BMS teams and educate cross-functional team members on health economics methods and tools to increase the impact and use of health economics and outcomes research evidence beyond HTA purposes.
- Advanced degree (such as MSc, MPH, Pharm D, MD or PhD) preferably in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, health economics or health services research.
- Demonstrated experience conducting outcomes research, health economics research, health services research, health technology assessment or conducting epidemiologic studies across at least five markets within the scope of WWHEOR Markets ROW geographic responsibilities.
- Experience in Heme/CAR-T outcomes research desired. Team leadership and people management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, demonstrated by experience in communicating with senior stakeholders and past experience collaborating with clinical, medical, and commercial stakeholders in a matrix organization (especially between global and market groups).
- Strong project management skills – demonstrated by a track record of delivering relevant HEOR evidence, dossier adaptation, and scientific publications.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.