Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Senior EDC (Electronic Data Capture) Global Library Programmer (D6)
Research & Development/Global Development Operations/Global Data Management & Central Monitoring
Functional Area Description
The Senior EDC Global Library Programmer resides in the Global Data Management & Central Monitoring (GDM&CM) organization within Global Development Operations.
Position Summary / Objective
The Senior EDC Global Library Programmer is considered essential to the sustainability and success of the BMS R&D pipeline. This role reports to the Director, EDC Management within GDM&CM.
This is a full-time, office-based position located in Central New Jersey, USA or Braine-l’Alleud, Belgium.
- Building, maintaining and documenting the Medidata Rave global library standard objects (e.g., eCRF forms, edit checks) in order to facilitate the creation of study level databases to collect clinical trial data.
- Working with Clinical Data Standards, Data Managers, and EDC Database Developers to implement new or modified global library objects and to develop appropriate timelines for delivery of the global library objects.
- Building, maintaining and documenting the Rave Safety Gateway related objects in order to facilitate the creation of study level databases and mappings to collect clinical trial data and transmit this data to the safety database and manage the Safety Gateway Management Tool.
- Managing work assignments to ensure timely delivery of global library objects.
- Identifying and resolving issues which may negatively impact delivery of global library objects. Escalating issues to leadership as needed.
- Following procedural documents and participating in reviewing and updating documents to make sure they are reflective of industry standards and easily followed.
- Contributing to the development and application of smart systems and optimal approaches to support the collection of data.
- Actively participating in and/or leading continuous improvement activities, defining and implementing the changes required to create an industry-leading electronic data capture capability.
- Liaising with and reviewing work delivered by external partners (e.g. Function Service Providers, CROs, technology providers, etc.) performing global library programming activities on behalf of BMS.
- Developing strong and productive working relationships with key stakeholders throughout GDMCM, GDO, and BMS with the ability to think strategically across a broad portfolio and effectively express his/her views to senior management.
- Representing the Company in interactions with key external partners as part of any committee or industry group relating to global library development.
- Some Senior Managers may also be responsible for managing employees and/or Functional Service Providers - Reviewing deliverables and timelines, providing ongoing feedback and performance review, empowering and holding staff to high quality performance and delivery.
Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of relevant industry and clinical trial experience and a successful track record of leading through influence, working across complex, global organizational matrices.
- At least 5 years of clinical database developer experience in Rave with experience in global library development and development of standard data collection objects.
Key Competency Requirements
- Strong understanding of the drug development process with proven expertise in clinical trial execution and global library development/clinical database development in a global arena.
- Strong knowledge of industry leading EDC tools (e.g. Medidata Rave, Oracle, etc.) and well versed in industry trends and emerging technologies supporting data collection.
- Strong knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines.
- Technical expertise, technical writing ability, and proficiency in Systems Development LifeCycle (SDLC) principles.
- An understanding of database and dictionary structures (e.g. MedDRA, WHODrug).
- Demonstrated partnership across various collaborative forums, CROs, SMOs and/or local site networks.
- Diverse and sufficient technical expertise to be a credible interface to all global development and business partners (medical, development, commercial, regulatory & quality etc.).
- Influential leadership and communication capabilities with a proven ability to engage, manage, develop and inspire a geographically diverse team.
Periodic travel as needed
Describe Exposure to Any Hazards/Disagreeable Conditions in the Work Environment
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.