Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.The Director, Fibrosis Commercial Strategy is accountable for developing and helping execute a robust strategy for our promising Fibrosis portfolio and advancing our commercial planning for specific Fibrosis assets. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the assets in early and late development, the competitive environment, the treatment landscape and the pricing and access dynamics, and work in conjunction with the R&D team, Business Development, Value Access and Pricing, Business Insights & Analytics, key markets and internal stakeholders, to develop the overall commercial strategy. In addition, this person will lead and assemble the creation of customer insights and commercial input to inform formal governance decisions and Full Development Team decisions to advance assets. This individual will also play a leading role in helping the company make assessments around the prioritization of the portfolio and be responsible for maintaining the Fibrosis long-term financial plan.BMS has the potential to have up to three assets in Phase 2 for advanced fibrosis as well as a promising early pipeline across multiple mechanisms for liver fibrosis and lung fibrosis. This role reports to the Head of WW Commercialization, Innovative Medicines and will be a key member of the Fibrosis Full Development Team, the Fibrosis Disease Strategy team, and the Innovative Medicines commercial leadership team.Leadership & Matrix Management
- Sets a vision for our ambition in Fibrosis and engages the matrix team on that vision
- Is an enterprise leader and builds high performance across the matrix team
- Demonstrates peer-to-peer influence across functional leadership
- Engages with market teams in order to gain additional local markets insights to support the development of the Commercial strategy
- University Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ Years of commercial experience, ideally with experience within NASH, Liver diseases and/or pulmonary fibrosis. Knowledge of key treaters (Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Pulmonology) is a plus
- Knowledge of international healthcare customers, stakeholders and influencers and understanding of their needs preferred
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous and changing healthcare landscape
- Strong English language skills are key given the need to communicate across markets and with matrix stakeholder teams
- Demonstrable track record of performance, accountability, leadership and learning agility
- Ability to “flex” across different types of cultures, complexities, business situations and matrix partners
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, and strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.