Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Global Advocacy PM Lead
Global Advocacy leads key strategic and alliance development initiatives, many of which are highly visible, cross functional, complex (multiple work streams), with significant investment, and innovative in nature. This position would provide project management to drive key initiatives forward in alignment with project sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Is responsible for integrating global advocacy strategy, connecting across matrix functions and ensuring flawless execution of key tactics in alliance development such as shaping the environment, early advocacy engagement, and developing impactful resources for the advocacy community
- Oversees tactics, including all budgets and contracting (working with matrixed teams) to ensure timely execution of process stages
- Drives annual projects (i.e. GOAL, Project Heard, Patients Partners) to completion and communicates end results with stakeholders
- Independently drives, takes actions and holds other team members accountable for progressing projects
- Responsible for communicating progress on all strategic project/relationships including communicating and coordinating goals, milestones, responsibilities and risks across the matrix organization
- Responsible for putting together and executing the overall communication plan for cross-horizontal (across disease and enterprise) advocacy projects
- Ensures the development and develops (as needed) project plan, timelines, exploration summaries, and any other documentation necessary to ensure effective execution.
- Drives work streams to achieve goals in alignment with project sponsors
- Provides leadership in understanding, communicating and managing a portfolio of projects
- Develops communication and change management plans for new solutions, and ensure follow-through until business solutions are in place or long term alternate solutions are identified
B.S./B.A. in Business, Business Development
- 6+ years of work experience, with equivalent experience to have led cross-functional projects/programs autonomously with proven outcomes and success
- Demonstrated mastery of project management and creating impactful PPT presentations
- Demonstrated finance/budget management experience
- Mastery of budget spreadsheets (Excel, PRM)
- Preferred experience in contracting/POs (Ariba, SAP)
- Preferred experience in global alliance development/ global projects
- Ability to work autonomously and report on issues and outcomes, escalate, make decisions and resolve issues quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with leadership teams and shape presentations with minimal input from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated program management, and experience managing multiple ongoing complex projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross functional project teams towards goals and decisions, including identifying barriers, facilitating solutions and communicating to project sponsors process challenges.
- Strong MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and MS SharePoint skills
- Exposure to advocacy teams and environments preferred
- Confidence to communicate with senior BMS and external stakeholders (e.g. partners, vendors).
- Positive attitude, strong energy, and excellent communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical team members, middle level and senior management
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.