Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Director, Early CV Assets/BD reports directly to the Vice President, WW Cardiovascular and serves as a critical member of the WW Cardiovascular franchise leadership team. The Director will be a focused, forward-thinking leader who operates with great effectiveness in a complex and dynamic landscape. This role has responsibility for enhancing the partnership between Commercial and Research & Early Development in support of development and commercialization strategies from a value perspective for all Cardiovascular assets. This role will also partner closely with key worldwide Functions such as Value, Access & Payment, Market Research, Heath Economics & Outcomes Research and Business Development).
- Drive Heart Failure Strategy development, in collaboration with Research/Early Development, Global Drug Development, Medical, and Business Development. Lead Commercial assessments in all HF governance activities
- Provide Commercial leadership on Heart Failure asset teams, ensuring all investment decisions are supported by commercially competitive clinical profiles
- Partner with Business Development to identify and evaluate strategic transactions and collaboration opportunities. Leverage customer insights and value perspective to provide commercial assessments supporting rapid, portfolio-enhancing Business Development due diligence.
- Engages with market teams in order to gain additional local markets insights to support the development of the HF commercial strategy
- Lay foundations for Worldwide Brand Team (WWBT) deliverables in Heart Failure indications by preparing Disease Area strategies, Target Opportunity Profiles, Expected Product Profile decision frameworks, access and HEOR strategies, patient journeys, etc.
- Anticipate implications of new assets on existing indications and brands
- Demonstrates strong peer-to-peer influence across functional leadership and rapidly motivates/mobilizes cross functional teams
- BA/BS required. MBA, PharmD, or other graduate experience strongly preferred
- 8-10 years combined experience in Marketing, Sales, Access, Medical and Ops. People leadership a plus. Other functional experiences (Sales, Business Development, etc.) a plus
- Cardiovascular therapeutic area(s) experience preferred (or similar from external organizations)
- Ability to understand the complexities of international marketplaces
- Demonstrated understanding of market access, HTA dynamics and value assessment approaches, with an unrelenting appetite to enhance the product development and commercialization process
- Experience in strategic marketing, medical and/or operational P&L roles, including product launch experience
- Demonstrated strategic capabilities, including deep experience with scenario planning, design-to-value, and decision analyticsExtensive knowledge of how specialty products are discovered and developed
- Understanding of specialty market(s) landscape, customer needs, trends, opportunities, and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated track record of leading, working with and integrating high performance, cross-functional teams
- Effective communicator (demonstrated public speaking a plus) with ability to influence key strategic decisions and demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively collaborate with R&D organization
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking required, with proven ability to execute change
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.