Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Director, Factor XIa Commercialization, Worldwide Cardiovascular is a critical member of the Joint Worldwide Brand Team (JWWBT) and Asset Development Team, is a forward-thinking leader, and exudes an entrepreneurial mindset who effectively operates in a complex, nimble and dynamic landscape. This is a global strategic marketing role that will contribute toward establishing the critical value drivers for Phase 3 program and commercialization success. S/he has responsibility for enhancing the partnership with our Alliance partner to develop robust commercialization strategies which will maximize Factor XIa potential value for prioritized indications and lifecycle management opportunities. S/he will lead the commercial assessment to inform strategic marketing choices and serve as the commercial point for Phase 3 trial readiness for prioritized indication(s). This role requires excellence in collaboration, communication and leadership skills to effectively engage with the alliance partner, R&D, global market teams and relevant worldwide functions, including Medical, Market Access, Business Insights and Analytics, Payer/GHEOR and Manufacturing/Supply Chain.
This role reports directly to the Factor XIa Commercialization Lead, WW Cardiovascular.
- Lead development of well-informed commercial strategy (Phase 3 readiness; responsible indications to be defined) that serves as the roadmap for Development, Commercial, Medical and Payer/HEOR. Key deliverables include: Market definition/size, competitive landscape, Patient flow, Clinical product profiles, access and HEOR strategies, revenue forecast and early positioning (market unmet need, differentiation platform)
- Provide input into clinical development and investment decisions to ensure commercially competitive clinical profiles for prioritized indication(s) as well as overall asset value proposition.
- Leverage market research and customer insights for prioritized indication(s) to inform Phase 3 development. Contribute to defining the go/no go commercial criteria.
- Lead the commercial evaluation of potential lifecycle indications and provide commercial recommendation for optimal indication sequencing.
- Lead strategic analysis and commercial recommendation for Factor XIa reversal agent(s)
- Lead asset branding strategy, including trial branding and brand naming (upon generic name approval)
- Partner with medical strategy, publications and PR team to develop a communications plan in preparation for Ph 2 data readout
- Provide input and collaborate with Regulatory, Payer and HEOR functions for HTA engagement readiness
- Collaborate with Competitive Intelligence to formulate competitive landscape scenarios, identify risks and mitigation plans to anticipate changes in the current and future market
- Serve as a BMS commercial point for alliance JWWBT including management of alliance budget and meetings with alliance partner
- University Degree required, advanced degree highly preferred
- 7+ Years of commercial experience. In-market brand/global marketing experience required. Product launch experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability identify commercial gaps and engage necessary stakeholders to assess strategic value, including deep experience with strategic brand planning, marketing excellence choices, scenario planning, marketing analytics, customer and competitive insights, brand and positioning management
- Understanding of global market perspective, including HTA and payer insights
- Demonstrated track record of leading, working with and integrating high performance, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage relationships by leading and participating in multi-functional teams and excelling in a matrix environment. Preferred alliance experience.
- Listens/considers alternative ideas, viewpoints and encourages debate on others' ideas
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.