At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Key Role Accountabilities:
Strategy & Execution
In joint partnership with the TW Commercial team:
• Achieving Sales and BU results for the Taiwan.
• Designing and implementing innovative business models and solutions across BUs/ Channels and leading stronger digitalization of commercial operations
• Shaping the products for competitive profile that achieves pricing, reimbursement, access and penetration for favorable shareholder return.
• Building strong rationale to support required headcount and budget to achieve country commercial objectives and driving allocation and prioritization of activities.
• Recruit, select and develop individuals with diverse and complementary skills/ competencies necessary to achieve superior BU competitive edge. Guide the leadership development process, ensuring succession plan for key positions.
• Member of BMS Lead Team, participates in the elaboration and simplification of company policy, rules and regulation as well as decision pertaining to the corporation and employees. Represent the company and Function Unit at external events and develop a professional network with key opinion leaders.
Key Outputs and measurements
- Facilitate BUs and manage alliance partners to achieve country commercial strategic objectives. -Steward effective resource deployment and alignment as well as differentiated resource mix. Negotiate synergistic resource allocation/ process/ timelines with BMS TW/ Business Support Services and Regional matrix teams.
-Conduct regular multidisciplinary function operational meetings throughout the year. Ensure commercial strategic and tactical execution by addressing relevant issues, maximizing participation, fostering innovation and input and follow-upon action items. Ensure implementation of function operating culture via BMS survey measurements. Interact regularly with Business Units and Business Support Services and Regional matrix teams.
-Measure individual and functional unit execution against brand plan objectives using the available metrics, resources and continuously improved scorecard. Raises critical issues and develops action plans to address issues within BU, functions, and Lead Team.
-Building on strengths, perform a career management and personal development plan for each direct report. Organize regular one-on-one meetings with all direct reports to address proactively ongoing business and provide development coaching.
-Ensure that the function management teams work with representatives, attend advisory board/ consultants meetings, primary market research as well as major therapeutic area symposia.
Skills, Competencies and Knowledge
- Very strong analytical, financial, communication and organization savvy skills. Highly organized goal oriented individual who exhibits swift learning abilities and an advance level of strategic acumen and interpersonal as well as managerial skills. Accomplished marketing experience in pre and post-launch activities. -Digital capabilities is a plus
-Leadership agility practices and seeks 360º leadership and candid feedback, communication skills leading to very extended internal/ external business networks. Revised:
-Demonstrated ability to build a compelling team vision with a high performance culture, focused on customer results.
-Uses and stretch strengths of people across all BMS BioPharma Behaviors; particularly, positive winning attitude, creative, innovative, customers focused solutions-oriented.
Education / Experience / Language
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science
Pharmaceutical management experience, minimum 10 years experience
Sales and Marketing experience a prerequisite Cross-functional experience a definite asset Exposure to other functions such as market access or medical is highly desirable
Relevant experience in BMS therapeutic areas is a plus (Hematology Oncology, Virology/Immunology)
Fluent in English and Mandarin
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.