Drug Discovery Research
The Immuno-Oncology group in Redwood City is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Discovery Research team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment to advance basic research programs as well as drug development. In this role, the individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing experimental plans that will contribute to the understanding of mechanism of action of immune regulation by therapeutic targets. Communication skills, problem solving, and a desire to perform high quality work are necessary. Strong organizational skills will be highly preferred. This position will also offer an opportunity to expand both knowledge and skills.
- Providing expertise in basic Immunology and stromal biology and applying that to understanding anti-tumor immune responses
- Developing novel assays for the characterization of the immune system integrating the current scientific literature into research practice
- Designing and executing experiments in both in vitro human systems and in vivo/ex vivo mouse models
- Analyzing and presenting scientific results to internal and external scientists
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- A PhD in immunology or a related field, and 0-4 years of relevant experience in industry and/or academic immuno-oncology or immunology research with a minimum of 3 years flow cytometry experience.
- Eligible to work with BSL2 pathogens, including Listeria monocytogenes
Skills and Experience:
- A sophisticated understanding of and expertise in the isolation, characterization, and development of functional assays of human and mouse T cells is essential.
- An understanding of the methodologies, reagents, instrumentation and software used for flow cytometry based key experimental techniques is essential.
- Experience with in vivo and ex vivo tumor and tissue analysis in mouse models of T cell-driven immune responses is preferred.
- Experience with systems for assessing stroma-immune-tumor interplay is desirable.
- Ability to work safely in a BSL2 environment is desirable.
- General molecular biology experience involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins is helpful.
- Demonstrated independent ability to skillfully design, execute, and analyze experiments.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and record keeping.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment.