Drug Discovery Research
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Immuno-Oncology group in Redwood City is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Discovery Research team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team environment to advance basic research programs as well as drug development. In this role, the individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing experimental plans that will increase our biological understanding of how the stromal tumor microenvironment is modulating anti-tumor immunity and how it can be influencing current and future immunotherapies. Communication skills, problem solving, and a desire to perform high quality work are necessary. Strong organizational skills will be highly preferred. This position will also offer an opportunity to expand both knowledge and skills.
- Providing expertise in stromal biology and applying that to understanding anti-tumor immune responses
- Developing novel assays for the characterization of the tumor-stroma-immune interface integrating the current scientific literature into research practice
- Designing and executing experiments in both human systems and mouse models to accelerate projects in pre-clinical and clinical development
- Analyzing and presenting scientific results to internal and external scientists
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- A PhD in life sciences field with a focus on stromal cells, and 0-4 years of relevant experience in industry and/or academic immuno-oncology research.
Skills and Experience
- A sophisticated understanding of stromal biology and experience in developing systems for assessing stromal cell impact on inflammation and/or cancer is essential.
- An understanding of the methodologies, reagents, instrumentation and software used for flow cytometry based key experimental techniques is essential.
- Experience with in vivo/ex vivo tumor and tissue analysis in mouse models is desirable.
- Demonstrated independent ability to skillfully design, execute, and analyze experiments.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and record keeping.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.