Sales Support and Admin
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Field Force Capability Hub is the catalyst for empowering the field force to drive transformative customer experiences that give patients hope. The Oncology Field Force Learning & Development (FFL&D) team is a dynamic training organization that is executing on excellence in building expertise and knowledge for our US Oncology sales teams. As a Training Manager, you will be working amongst the best in your profession and have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated professionals committed to advancing learnings in the Oncology space.
What we are looking for:
Oncology Field Force Learning & Development (FFL&D) is currently looking for a talented training professional who possesses the skills needed to ensure both the immediate and long-term success of the US Oncology FFL&D Team. The selected candidate for this position will assist in the development of a tumor specific curriculum to be utilized by front line sales District Business Managers (DBMs), Institutional Tumor Specialists (ITS), as well as Community Product Specialists (CPS).
Who do you work with:
This Manager position reports to an Oncology FFL&D Associate Director who reports to the Head of Oncology FFL&D. In this role, the Manager will work collaboratively across a fast paced and complex matrix organization which includes the Oncology Business Unit, Technology Training Solutions and WW Training & Design. Specifically, the Manager will work in close partnership with colleagues from several functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, Medical, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to appropriately address business needs and ensure that we deliver on our objective of demonstrating value to both customers and patients.
What are the primary responsibilities:
- Strategic planning and development of a comprehensive Sales training curricula focused on a specific tumor type for use during training classes, POAs and other national/ regional/ district meetings.
- Coordination across the Oncology matrix and cross-functional team to ensure all training materials meet the goals and objectives of both Sales and Marketing teams.
- Ensure training resources (e.g. materials, workshops, competitive job aids, etc.) meet all regulatory, legal and compliance requirements for assigned individual projects and initiatives.
- Deployment and delivery of a tumor-specific curriculum to the Oncology Sales Force inclusive of: selling skills, clinical disease state knowledge, competitor and market landscapes, and Business of Oncology.
- Partner with Oncology preceptors, FFL&D colleagues, Sales management, and Marketing management to consistently implement results-focused, performance-based, standardized training and development processes.
- Potential to work with and/or manage external vendors and internal personnel to ensure the successful design and roll-out of assigned training programs and projects.
- Assess and analyze the effectiveness of assigned training programs and initiatives.
- Identify and utilize innovative technologies to facilitate adult learning, pull through of training and virtual training capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s or Doctorate degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical customer facing experience required; minimum 2 years Account Management/Specialty Segment role preferred
- Minimum of 2 years Oncology Training or Product Management experience required; instructional design experience preferred
- Demonstrated strong product & disease state knowledge; Hepatocellular Carcinoma and/or Gastrointestinal Cancer therapeutic area experience preferred
- Effective communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proven performance with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement key learning objectives, strategies and tactics
- Problem solving and solutions-oriented team player
- Strong business analytics to understand and analyze business and market drivers, develop, execute and adjust business plans
- Experience operating within a highly complex cross-matrix environment; ability to connect and collaborate with key matrix team members including Marketing, Sales Operations, Commercial Sales, Medical, Legal, Regulatory, & Compliance
- Demonstrated curriculum design, understanding of adult learning principles; including previous experience leading new hire and skill training workshops
- Impact driven with high learning agility and keen ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Power Point, Excel and Word and other applications
- Ability to travel for multiple meeting engagements (e.g. Managers Meetings, National Plan of Action Meetings, various Training Initiatives, etc.)
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Vet/Disability
Primary Location : NA-US-NJ-Princeton Pike
Job Function: US Oncology Field Force Learning & Development
Organization: World Wide & US Sales Training
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.