What are we doing in the field of immunology?
Bristol Myers Squibb has been researching immune disorders for more than 20 years, discovering and developing therapies that help regulate the body's immune response.
Our goal is to provide patients with life-changing medicines, focusing on therapies with high potential in rheumatology, gastroenterology, dermatology, and neurology for rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)/lupus nephritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, and other immune-related diseases with high unmet needs, which can be used either alone or in combination.
Our medicines in immunology
- Zeposia® is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) with active disease as defined by clinical or imaging features.
It helps to protect against attacks on the nerves by stopping certain immune cells reaching the brain and spine where they could cause inflammation and damage the nerves protective coating.
- Zeposia® is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis (UC).
It helps to reduce the inflammation in ulcerative colitis by stopping certain white blood cells from reaching the intestinal lining.
- Orencia® is used to treat moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis when the patient does not respond well enough to treatment with other disease-modifying medicines or with another group of medicines called 'tumour necrosis factor (TNF) blockers'. It is used in combination with a medicine called methotrexate.
It is used to slow down the damage to joints and improve physical functioning.
- Orencia® is used to treat psoriatic arthritis alone or in combination with methotrexate.
It is used to reduce the signs and symptoms of the disease, slow down the damage to the bones and joints and improve the physical functioning and the ability to do normal daily activities.
- Orencia® is used to treat polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis in children and adolescents aged 2 to 17 years when a previous disease-modifying medicine has not worked well or is not suitable for them.
It is used to slow down the damage to joints, improve physical functioning and improve other signs and symptoms of polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- SOTYKTU is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy.