At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Manufacturing Associate, CAR T Media Preparation
Manager, CAR T Media and Buffer Preparation
CTDO Manufacturing Services
Summit West, S12
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manufacture cell culture media preparation in support of S12 ide cel CAR T manufacturing per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in a controlled, cleanroom environment. This position is for the Shift 1 (Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm) or Shift 2 (Monday - Friday 3:00 pm to 11:30 am) or Shift 3 (Monday - Friday 11:00 pm to 7:30 am). Start and end times are subject to change based on business demands.
This position is for the Manufacturing Organization.
This position requires Manufacturing Associate or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of media and buffer preparation requirements for cell culture, and aseptic processing or lab techniques.
- Familiarity with cGMP/FDA regulated industry.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read, execute and document steps in a GMP batch record.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Background to include a basic understanding of biology, chemistry, or pharmaceutical processing
Education and Experience:
Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
High School diploma/GED and 3 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain up to date records for training on controlled, approved GMP procedures for Media and Buffer preparation to support CAR T manufacturing.
- Assist with Lab Support activities: Coordinate with Warehouse Operations to move materials into the process suites and serve as a runner when needed.
- Participate in shift exchanges of information to ensure seamless operations.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation.
- Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas.
- Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet.
- Makeup, gum, nail polish, or other potential microbial sources are prohibited in restricted areas.
- Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions.
- Use of reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected.
- Ability to work in the vicinity of strong magnets.
- Potential routine exposure to human blood components is possible.
- Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.