At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The EHS Specialist- Intern, will provide functional support to the New Brunswick Facilities Site EHS team in delivering EHS programs. In this role, the EHS Specialist will work closely with the Site EHS team, Facilities, Research and Operations staff to utilize EHS and business skills to analyze, develop, and deliver technical solutions.
The EHS Specialist- Intern, will provide functional support to the NBR Facilities Site EHS team in delivering EHS programs:
- Review and update EHS training modules
- Review and update safety inspections checklist and
- Review safety and environmental performance and analyze for trends
- Review and update EHS standard operating procedures and plan documents
- Participate in Facility Self- Assessments and carry out actions to track closure.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene & Environmental sampling and testing
- Support environmental projects
- Calibrate and Maintain EHS equipment
- Track and audit Safe Work Permits
- Participate in field inspections and assessments
Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern)
The intern, at the conclusion of the summer term will be expected to have experienced working in a Site based EHS team, working across multiple functional areas to deliver EHS solutions that meet company and regulatory requirements.
What you will learn:
- Safety Culture & Business Organization
- Good management practices
- Multiple aspects of EHS programs and requirements.
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, the majority of internships are currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within U.S. Borders. However, as the conditions change through 2021, there may be an expectation that the candidate be able to work at our New Brunswick, New Jersey location.
- College Undergraduate currently enrolled in EHS related major.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020-2021.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (June 2021- Aug 2021)
- Previous experience in some job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience.
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Experience or Major/ Career Focus in Environment, Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of EHS regulatory agency requirements in the areas such as project safety, environmental regulations & controls, hazardous materials management, soil management, fire protection, and life safety systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Digital Applications preferred (SharePoint, Tableau)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.