At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As the US healthcare landscape evolves, there is increasing importance in recognizing the changing composition and needs of access customers, and developing strategies and communications that demonstrate the value of the BMS franchise, and help support patient access. Portfolio Value Generation is uniquely positioned to look across the entire franchise and consider high-priority segments and the respective strategies, resources and tools to help drive business performance.
This position is responsible for developing Population Health marketing strategy and tactics for US Value, Access and Pricing (VAP). This position requires coordinating and influencing across the matrix team to shape ideas and tools that are aligned to the evolving healthcare landscape. This individual will develop initiatives and resources for above brand, disease focused and/or potentially indication-based use given the BMS portfolio mix in Hematology, Oncology, CV and Immunology. An ideal candidate understands Population health principles (i.e. health inequality, government and commercial payment models, quality initiatives, application of real world evidence, patient segmentation, care coordination, patient engagement/activation, multi-disciplinary team based care and intervention measurement). Additionally, the ideal candidate would have understanding of channel segments: Payers, Integrated health networks (IDN), health systems, ACOs, GPOs, etc. and the evolving/transformative role of Population Health within those channels and could improve customer engagement and the account-based marketing approach with organized customers (including development of recommendations and tactics to enhance Account Executive, and broader VAP/BMS field, engagement (pre, during, post call)).
This role requires cross-matrix alignment with Strategic Payer Marketing teams, Policy, Payer & Organized Customer Account Team and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) office/field teams.
The position reports directly to the Sr Director, Customer & Portfolio Value Generation
• Develop strategic Population Health marketing framework and engagement plan for national and regional Account Executives
• Develop Population Health and Customer Engagement tools for Organized Customers and Payers. Champion content through PReP process
• Educate internal stakeholders on key health care trends and landscape shifts to value-based care and customers’ evolving needs
• Champion and support innovative communication methods through organizations aligned to quality, population health, and organized customers
• Continuously monitor population health trends and conduct market research (population health led or extended team) to inform population health strategy
• BA/BS degree or equivalent; MS, MPH, PhD, or Pharm D, preferred
• Appropriate Population Health experience with Payer, Health System or Life Science Company
• Strong Account management expertise with a demonstrated understanding of value-based care. Understanding needs of C, E and VP level executives with Payers and Organized Customers.
• Critical thinker that exhibits intellectual curiosity about healthcare issues facing the biopharmaceutical industry
• Strong understanding of US Marketing, Managed Care and formulary issues
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively & efficiently drive performance within a matrix organization
• Experience and knowledge of the principles of marketing, with a strong clinical acumen
• Strong communication skills, the ability to network across a broad internal and external matrix organization, and the skills necessary to form strong, productive partnerships
Advanced technical degree or clinical degree preferred (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD, MSc)
Experience working within Cardiovascular, Hematology, Oncology, or Immunoscience therapeutic areas
Understanding of healthcare economics, epidemiology, quality of life and clinical research.
Customer field experience: Payer marketing and/or Organized Customer Access Marketing Experience preferred
Experience and knowledge of promotional regulatory processes
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.