Investments in EHS
Bristol-Myers Squibb employs Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) rules, guidance, and processes. Adhering to EHS at the highest levels allows us to protect our employees, our patients, our stakeholders and the environment from harm.
We invest significant financial and human resources to:
- Invest in EHS infrastructure, such as our new biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts
- Train our employees
- Raise the awareness of external stakeholders, including members of the community, academia and government officials
- Maintain compliance with laws and regulations
- Implement management systems, programs, and initiatives that support sustainable development
- Manage environmental remediation (cleanups associated with our past activities or the activities of prior landowners who may be liable but who have created potential liability for us)
The business case for EHS investments is more complex than simply analyzing dollars saved versus dollars spent. Many of the benefits from these investments are not quantifiable, but rather they are priceless, such as the value of preserving biodiversity, conserving natural resources and protecting people's health and safety.