Bristol-Myers Squibb has established Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics, which summarize important policies and procedures in conducting the company's business in a legal, ethical and responsible manner. Our Law Department, the Internal Audit Department, the Human Resources Department, and the Global Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Department monitor company compliance with these standards.
In addition, our management systems and policies address:
- Customer health and safety
- Product labeling
- Direct-to-consumer communications
- Full prescribing information and boxed warnings for products
- Product integrity
- Clinical trials communications and disclosure
- Environmental issues/impacts associated with product use and disposal
Responsibility Oversight Leaders:
Giovanni Caforio, Chief Executive Officer
Giovanni Caforio holds the most senior position with operational responsibility for labor and human rights aspects.
Anne Nielson, VP, Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer
Anne Nielson holds the most senior position within the company with compliance and ethics responsibilities and reports to the chief executive officer.