Social Media Community Guidelines
Before connecting with Bristol Myers Squibb on the social media channels linked below, please read and observe our community guidelines.
Join us in protecting our community’s safety and privacy
Our community, including our patients, are at the center of everything we do at Bristol Myers Squibb, both online and offline. We reserve the right to remove hate speech or anything potentially harmful, misleading, or off topic posted on our channels. This applies to comments, messages, or replies we deem:
- Defamatory or libelous
- Inappropriate (profanity or vulgarity)
- Promoting illegal activity
- Containing unsupported accusations or material from unverified sources
- An infringement on copyrights or trademarks
- Spam or promotional links
- Advertising a company/business or any product/brand
We observe industry best practices online
We reserve the right to remove mentions of any Bristol Myers Squibb medicine or other pharmaceutical company’s medicine.
We cannot address any medications or medical treatments by Bristol Myers Squibb or another pharmaceutical company. Nothing we post should be viewed as medical advice.
- If you’re a patient who may have experienced an adverse event or think you may be experiencing an adverse event from one of our medications, please report any side effects by calling us at 1-800-721-5072 (toll free U.S. only). Any side effects mentioned will be addressed according to FDA regulations. Potential side effects of prescription drugs can and should be reported to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- If you have a question about Bristol Myers Squibb products, please call 1-800-321-1335 or visit https://www.bms.com/about-us/contact-us.html
- If your public comment or post references a side effect for one of our medications, we may contact you privately.
We do not take responsibility for the comments that you post. Please do not post any personal or confidential information about yourself, patients or anyone else on our channels. Keep in mind mentioning your relationship to someone (e.g., “my sister”) can possibly identify them.
If you post a comment or question, we’ll try our best to respond, but we reserve the right not to. Our response should not be taken as an endorsement of a comment.
We occasionally post or share third-party content for our audiences; this does not equal an endorsement of the content or views expressed through those third-party accounts.
We reserve the right to block or remove any user who does not comply with the community guidelines.
Links to Bristol Myers Squibb channels: